Most of the fruits included on this list are from fruit trees.
Located in the tropical region, the Philippines has several mouthwatering and deliciously nutritious fruits. Different tropical fruits from all over the country are harvested all-year round.
- Mango is the National fruit of the Philippines
- Mango is Vitamins A&C rich tropical fruit
- It is one of the country’s major export product
- Major Producers: Guimaras, Cebu, Zambales and Davao
- Lanzones is endemic to Southeast Asia
- The annual Lanzones Festival is held in Guimaras
- A latexless variety is now available
- Major Producers:
- Guimaras, Laguna,Batangas, Quezon, Butuan and Cagayan De Oro
- Pinya or Pineapple is one of the healthiest fruits in the world.
- Two of the largest pineapple plantations in the world are located in the Philippines.
- This fruit is good for diabetics.
- Major Producers: Nueva Vizcaya, Bukidnon
- Durian is regarded as the King of All Tropical Fruits
- It is endemic to Southeast Asia
- The fruit is considered an aphrodisiac by some
- Durian is made into candied sweets, ice cream and cakes
- Major Producer: Davao provinces
- Watermelon is a juicy, sweet and crunchy fruit
- Pakwan is a vitamin A rich fruit
- Major producers are provinces in Central Luzon and other provinces in the country
- Jackfruit or Langka is endemic to Asia
- Langka is the world’s largest tree-born fruit
- It is eaten raw or made into jam
- Add as ingredient for halo-halo, turon and ginataan
- A latexless variety was developed in Zambales
- Major Producers
- Zambales, Isabela, Quirino and CAR
- This energy-giving fruit is native to Southeast Asia
- It’s a unique-looking hairy fruit
- Major Producers
- Laguna, Batangas, Nueva Vizcaya, Mindoro, Panay Island and parts of Mindanao
- This potassium-rich pear-shaped fruit helps lowers cholesterol levels
- It is used in salads, ice cream and other desserts
- Major Producers:
- Provinces of Cordillera Autonomous Region,Region II
- Sugar Apple or Atis is a very sweet fruit.
- It can be found anywhere else in the country.
- Chico was introduced to the Philippines by the Spaniards.
- It is endemic to Mexico.
- It can be found anywhere else in the archipelago.
- It is a popular summer fruit that can be eaten raw or made into marmalade and jam.
- It can be found all throughout the country.
- Kaimito or Star Apple is a very sweet and delicious tropical fruit.
- It was named for its star-shaped flower and cross-section cut.
- It is grown in the entire Philippines.
- Melon or Muskmelon is Cucumis melo
- It is eaten raw or added to salad
- It is blended as a juice drinks
- It is cultivated in many parts of the Philippines
- It is known as Pomelo in English or Citrus maxima
- The most popular species in the Philippines is the seedless species of Davao.
- Suha is the largest citrus fruit and is native in Southeast Asia.
- Pomelo is usually pale green to yellow when ripe, with sweet white (or, more rarely, pink or red) flesh.
- It is grown in the entire archipelago
- Major producer: Davao provinces
- Dalanghita is a species of Citrus
- It is widely cultivated in the Philippines
- Major producers: Nueva Vizcaya, Quezon,Aurora
- Coconut is known as the tree of life
- It bears healthy and delicious fruit
- Philippines is the largest producer of coconut in the world.
- It is grown anywhere else in the country
- Major producers, Aurora, Quezon, Pangasinan,Visayas and Mindanao
- Banana is one of the healthiest fruits
- It is very rich in potassium
- It is regarded as a complete food
- It is one of the country’s leading export products
- It is available in different colors such as yellow, red, purple
- Major producers: Quirino, Isabela, Davao
- Kalamansi is Citrofortunella microcarpa
- It is also known as Calamondin
- This vitamin C rich citrus is grown nationwide
- Guyabano is Soursop in English or Annona muricata
- It is one of the most delectable Philippine fruits
- It was introduced in the country during the Spanish regime
- It can be found in the different parts of the Philippines
- Guavas were among the most abundant fruit in the country
- Thousands of guava trees were cut-down in the past years for rice planting
- Guavas are vitamin C rich fruit
- It is grown in the entire country