Friday, October 8, 2010

The Most Beautiful Rainbows I've Captured on My Cellphone

Rainbows are natural phenomena that continue to captivate people's interest. Since I was a kid and up to now I am still very much amaze by the beauty and wonder they provide every time they appear in the sky.

Do you still remember the meaning of ROYGBIV??? A rainbow is an optical and meteorological phenomenon that causes a spectrum of light to appear in the sky when the Sun shines onto droplets of moisture in the Earth's atmosphere. They take the form of a multicolored arc, with red on the outer part of the arc and violet on the inner section of the arc.ROYGBIV means red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo and violet.

Here some of the most beautiful rainbows i have photographed.


I labeled this rainbow "The Rarely Seen Complete Arc of Covenant" because this reminded me of the Biblical story of the "Great Flood". I took  this photographed when I was on my home from work.


Here's another "Perfect Rainbow" I photographed while on my way to work early in the morning. I shot this rainbow inside my car while I am driving. I can't stop because I will be late. Please don't imitate what I have done...lol....



Here's a double rainbow I photographed while I'm on my way home. The rain had just stopped by the time I took this photo. This time I parked my car alongside the road and took the shot. A double rainbow features reversed colors in the outer (secondary) bow.



This beautiful rainbow is a semicircular double rainbow I photographed while I was on my way home from work. the rainbow and the setting is simply beautiful and I can't resist taking a photograph of it and so I have to stop and take a shot of this wonderful rainbow.

see also

No comments: